Recent ports removal

Stanislav Sedov stas at deglitch.com
Fri Nov 11 20:41:06 UTC 2011

On Fri, 11 Nov 2011 14:07:08 +0400
Dmitry Marakasov <amdmi3 at amdmi3.ru> mentioned:

> > > Why should we go through it again and again? If it's not broken, it's
> > > useable, you may not remove it, period.

> > > Most of the portstree is leaf ports, now what?

> > > What we need is to not have to do extra work and to not have extra noise
> > > on the maillist because someone does unneeded things. I really don't
> > > want to call that vandalism.
> > >
> > You can't only put in u have also to put out.
>
> Why don't we take out Gnome and KDE then? I don't use it.

Because portmgr@ is using it?  There're numerous cases when unmaintained, buggy,
vulnerable and plainly dangerous stuff stays in tree because someone in portmgr
gang likes it when other applications not used by them being removed without
prior discussion notice.  Because your opinion doesn't matter.  Neither is mine.
Like in old good USSR times...

--
Stanislav Sedov
ST4096-RIPE