Recent ports removal

Stanislav Sedov stas at deglitch.com
Wed Nov 9 20:44:15 UTC 2011

Hi!

I noticed the following in the commit log:
%
%  Modified files:
%    .                    MOVED
%    devel                Makefile
%    graphics             Makefile
%  Removed files:
%    devel/soup           Makefile distinfo pkg-descr pkg-plist
%    devel/soup/files     patch-Makefile.in patch-configure
%                         patch-docs::reference::Makefile.in
%                         patch-soup-0.7.11-gcc41
%                         patch-src_libsoup_soup-message.c
%                         patch-src_libwsdl_wsdl-soap-memory.c
%                         patch-src_libwsdl_wsdl-soap-parse.c
%                         patch-src_libwsdl_wsdl-typecodes.c
%    graphics/clutter-qt  Makefile distinfo pkg-descr pkg-plist
%    graphics/librsvg     Makefile distinfo pkg-descr pkg-plist
%    graphics/librsvg/files patch-Makefile.in patch-configure
%                           patch-librsvg-config.in patch-rsvg-ft.c
%                           patch-test-ft-gtk.c patch-test-ft.c
%    graphics/p5-clutter  Makefile distinfo pkg-descr pkg-plist
%  Log:
%  2011-11-06 devel/soup: Unmaintain, use devel/libsoup
%  2011-11-06 graphics/clutter-qt: upstream distfile and doesn't build, and %doesn't seem to be developed anymore
%  2011-11-06 graphics/p5-clutter: upstream distfile disappeard, and doesn't seem to be developed anymore
%  2011-11-06 graphics/librsvg: unmaintained and not used anymore

I just cannot get the commit message. librsvg -- not used by whom?  Personally,
I used it in one of my older projects (~ 10 years old) which I don't plan
to rework to use rsvg2/gtk2 because it doesn't make sense for it.  So how
do I use my project now on FreeBSD?

It's also a lie that it's not maintained, it's maintained by ports@ mailing
list and the community.  So please, restore it.

The same also probably goes for other ports, but I don't have enough details
to comment.

Thanks!

--
Stanislav Sedov