ardour3 r10465; raptor vs raptor2; liblrdf 0.5.0; slv2 build fix

Juergen Lock nox at jelal.kn-bremen.de
Mon Nov 7 21:33:38 UTC 2011

On Sun, Nov 06, 2011 at 09:35:22PM +0100, Juergen Lock wrote:
> On Sun, Nov 06, 2011 at 05:46:31PM -0200, Raphael Kubo da Costa wrote:
> > Juergen Lock <nox at jelal.kn-bremen.de> writes:
> >
> > >  So I updated my preliminary ardour3 port patch to r10461 and found
> > > ardour crashed due to now linking to both textproc/raptor and
> > > textproc/raptor2 which conflict, turns out it's a dependency problem:
> > > ardour3 depends on (among other things) textproc/liblrdf and
> > > audio/slv2, and slv2 now depends on textproc/raptor2 [1] while
> > > textproc/liblrdf still depends on textproc/raptor, so I had to make
> > > an update for textproc/liblrdf to 0.5.0 so that it uses textproc/raptor2
> > > too:
> >
> > Just a question: haven't the ardour guys themselves come across this
> > problem? Do they recommend any other solution?
>
> I just learned slv2 has a successor that ardour3 now prefers to use:
>
> 	http://drobilla.net/software/lilv/
> 	http://drobilla.net/software/serd/
> 	http://drobilla.net/software/sord/
> 	http://drobilla.net/software/suil/
>
>  So looks like someone(tm) should port these... :)

Ok this is what I have so far:

 First, a patch to the audio/lv2core port to make it run lv2config
to create the PREFIX/include/lv2 dir tree that lilv needs:

	http://people.freebsd.org/~nox/tmp/lv2core-lv2config.patch

 Then, serd, sord, and lilv:

	http://people.freebsd.org/~nox/tmp/serd-0.5.0.shar
	http://people.freebsd.org/~nox/tmp/sord-0.5.0.shar
	http://people.freebsd.org/~nox/tmp/lilv-0.5.0r3601.shar

 The lilv port is an svn snapshot that I put in MASTER_SITE_LOCAL,
until the mirrors have synced you can also download the distfile
from here:

	http://people.freebsd.org/~nox/tmp/distfiles/lilv-0.5.0r3601.tar.bz2

 And finally, the new ardour3 port update that now depends on lilv
instead of slv2:

	http://people.freebsd.org/~nox/tmp/ardour-3.0alpha10-preliminary5-r10465.patch

 With this, I was able to load the lv2 plugin of audio/linuxsampler
into ardour3.  (You need to build the linuxsampler port with the
LV2CORE knob enabled for that.)

 And about suil, I don't have a port for that yet because it depends
on lv2 ui which also hasn't been ported yet:

	http://lv2plug.in/ns/extensions/ui/

 Enjoy, :)
	Juergen