Wicd

Olivier Duchateau duchateau.olivier at gmail.com
Sun Nov 6 20:34:17 UTC 2011

Hi,

It's not trivial, you need to understand src/sys/net80211/ directory
and certainly src/include/netconfig.h
Then, have good knowledge in Python, especially socket, fnctl, and
struct modules (and also understand ioctl).
See if their wrappers (wpactrl, and iwscan) work under FreeBSD, and
finally patch the setup.py file, because FreeBSD is not Linux.

So if you are time, you can.

2011/11/6 user 5813 <user5813 at gmail.com>:
> Has anyone heard of someone attempting to port Wicd to FreeBSD? I have
> googled this over and over and found nothing. If not, how would I begin to
> learn about porting it? I know it is in python and would probably only
> require some tweaking to include ifconfig instead of iwconfig. I am very
> new to BSD and programming and need to know where to start. I have read the
> handbook on porting but there are still some pieces missing for me. I think
> where I am stuck at is the actual tweaking of the program to make it run
> under BSD. Should I just make a Makefile and see if it builds before
> anything else?

olivier