ktorrent-4.1.2_1 runtime failure at startup

Conrad J. Sabatier conrads at cox.net
Wed Nov 2 15:19:43 UTC 2011

Something very odd is going on here (whitespace between error messages
inserted by me for clarity):

$ ktorrent
KGlobal::locale::Warning your global KLocale is being recreated with a
valid main component instead of a fake component, this usually means
you tried to call i18n related functions before your main component
was created. You should not do that since it most likely will not work

I have no clue whatsoever what *that's* supposed to be about.

ktorrent(2481)/KSharedDataCache ensureFileAllocated: This system
misses support for posix_fallocate() -- ensure this partition has room
for at least 10547296 bytes.

This second message in particular is fairly perplexing.  posix_fallocate
does exist in the C library, I'm fairly certain.

I only started seeing this behavior a few days ago, after an update of
world/kernel.  I've rebuilt ktorrent and many of its dependencies, but
to no avail.  It seems to be the only app generating this particular
error.

unnamed app(2480): Communication problem with "ktorrent" , it probably
crashed. Error message was: "org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.NoReply" : "
"Message did not receive a reply (timeout by message bus)" "

Has anyone else run into anything like this (posix_fallocate) recently?

$ uname -a
FreeBSD serene.no-ip.org 9.0-RC1 FreeBSD 9.0-RC1 #4: Mon Oct 31
19:06:02 CDT 2011
conrads at serene.no-ip.org:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/CUSTOM  amd64

--
Conrad J. Sabatier