Ports missing in their categories' Makefiles (revised list)

Mark Linimon linimon at lonesome.com
Wed Nov 2 00:17:07 UTC 2011

Every time we portmgrs start a package run we get a list of these.  The
command to do so is "make checksubdirs".  You can run it in either the
top-level /usr/ports, or in /usr/ports/<category>/ .

On a fairly regular basis (but not every time) we prod the people who
committed the ports.  In most cases, it's a repocopy, where the repocopy
is not yet finished (i.e. the new port's Makefile is identical to the
old ports', and thus would break INDEX if connected.)  Sometimes the
commit to the Makefile is just forgotten.

These were the ones I saw 20111027:

> audio/x11amp
> databases/pgpool-II-30
> games/xshisen
> japanese/dvi2tty
> japanese/plain2
> www/typo345
> x11-drivers/xf86-video-intel29
> x11-wm/cl-stumpwm

The latter 2 I have asked about and was told "we're still working on
getting those ports into shape."  However, they've been showing up on
the list for quite some time now :-/

These must have been new since then:

> www/linux-opera-devel (committed by acm, no force commit yet)
> www/pecl-yaf (committed by sunpoet, force commit noted)

I don't see this in the repository, or in the Makefile, so I'm confused:

> graphics/tkimg

I don't know why you didn't see this next one, it was deleted then brought
back by hrs@ but not yet re-added to the Makefile:

===> games
Warning: directory xbat not in SUBDIR

I'm also surprised you didn't see the following, it was a botch in the
Makefile, which I have just fixed:

===> databases
Warning: directory p5-KyotoCabinet not in SUBDIR

Thanks for taking a look at these.

mcl