innotop-1.8.0_2 and mytop-1.6_7 cannot be installed together

Matthew Seaman m.seaman at infracaninophile.co.uk
Tue Nov 1 00:04:44 UTC 2011

On 31/10/2011 19:59, Miroslav Lachman wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I tried to install innotop and mytop together by portmaster command:
>
> portmaster databases/mytop databases/innotop
>
> ===>>> The following actions will be taken if you choose to proceed:
>         Install databases/mytop
>         Install databases/p5-DBD-mysql
>         Install databases/p5-DBI
>         Install devel/p5-Term-ReadKey
>         Install databases/innotop
>         Install databases/p5-DBD-mysql51
>
> As you can see, there is problem with conflicting dependencies:
> p5-DBD-mysql vs. p5-DBD-mysql51
>
> The portmaster installed p5-DBD-mysql and mytop first, then innotop
> installation failed with:
>
> ===>  p5-DBD-mysql51-4.019 conflicts with installed package(s):
>       p5-DBD-mysql-4.019
>
>       They will not build together.
>       Please remove them first with pkg_delete(1).
>

> If innotop is installed separately first (with it's dependency
> p5-DBD-mysql51), then mytop will install OK and will use p5-DBD-mysql51
> instead of default p5-DBD-mysql.
>
> I am not sure, what port should be changed in what way.
>
> mytop uses:
>
> ${SITE_PERL}/${PERL_ARCH}/DBD/mysql.pm:${PORTSDIR}/databases/p5-DBD-mysql
>
> innotop:
>
> p5-DBD-mysql${MYSQL_VER}>=1:${PORTSDIR}/databases/p5-DBD-mysql${MYSQL_VER}
>

> I installed them without problems in the past.
>
> Miroslav Lachman

I've never really understood the point of all those slave ports that
tack the MySQL version onto the port name.  The generic p5-DBD-mysql
port works with any version of MySQL and in fact installs pretty much
exactly the same files as the explicitly versioned port for whatever
version of mysql-client is on your system.  Or in other words, as far as
mytop is concerned it will work with whatever one of those p5-DBD-mysql
ports is already installed, so just install innotop first.

	Cheers,

	Matthew

                                                  Flat 3