vim & python as scripting language

Jason Hellenthal jhell at DataIX.net
Sun May 29 02:14:42 UTC 2011

Gour-Gadadhara,

On Sat, May 28, 2011 at 01:58:21PM +0200, Gour-Gadadhara Dasa wrote:
> On Sat, 28 May 2011 11:44:07 +0000
> Eitan Adler <lists at eitanadler.com> wrote:
>
> > This has come up multiple times on this mailing list. The maintainer dislikes
> > the options system and has hidden vim's options behind a variable
> > "WITH_VIM_OPTIONS" add WITH_VIM_OPTIONS="YES" to /etc/make.conf to have it
> > act like other ports.
>
> Thank you for information. I'm glad to learn more about FreeBSD.

It should be noted here that the WITH_VIM_OPTIONS and WITH_OPTIONS vars
still will not have an effect on vim. I currently have WITH_OPTIONS
defined globally and it does not effect the outcome of vim as python is
still not enabled.

Valid option at this time to get python working inside vim is to set
WITH_PYTON=yes in your make.conf as someone stated earlier.

--

"Unity can only be manifested by the Binary. Unity itself and the idea of Unity are already two." -- Buddha

 Regards, (jhell)
 Jason Hellenthal