pkgng how-to

Erwin Lansing erwin at FreeBSD.org
Tue May 24 08:34:13 UTC 2011

On Tue, May 24, 2011 at 11:04:53AM +0300, Andriy Gapon wrote:

> I wanted to give a quick whirl to pkgng on a test machine that I am setting up,
> but got a little bit puzzled about how to actually use it :-)
> That is, after some googling I know what its goals are, what its features are,
> where to get a snapshot and some such.  But I really couldn't find how to get
> started with it and how to use it for basic day-to-day needs.  Maybe I just
> didn't look hard enough.

A good starting point is the announcment mail sent to current some time
ago:
http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-current/2011-March/023674.html

Not sure if bapt's slides from BSDCan are available online yet.

-erwin

--
Erwin Lansing                                   http://droso.org
Prediction is very difficult