"net/sendemail" fails after updating Perl

Jerry jerry at seibercom.net
Mon May 23 13:50:49 UTC 2011

On Mon, 23 May 2011 22:09:30 +0900
Hajimu UMEMOTO <ume at mahoroba.org> articulated:

> Hi,
>
> # I've CC'ed the maintainer of p5-IO-Socket-INET6.

> jerry> The port: "/net/sendemail" builds fine after the update to
> jerry> Perl; however, it no longer runs. It terminates with this
> jerry> error message:
>
> jerry> Subroutine IO::Socket::INET6::sockaddr_in6 redefined
> jerry> at /usr/local/lib/perl5/5.14.0/Exporter.pm line 67.
> jerry> at /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.14.0/IO/Socket/INET6.pm
> jerry> line 21
>
> I noticed that the p5-IO-Socket-INET6 ports is slightly old (2.65).
> The latest version 2.67 fixed this warning message.  Please try 2.67.
> The patch to ports/net/p5-IO-Socket-INET6 is attached.
> I confirmed that the warning message is not out with 2.67.  However,
> it is still warning, and I think it doesn't terminate.  So, I'm not
> sure if 2.67 fixes your actual problem, though.

I have confirmed that the program does run even though it emits that
warning. I have noticed that users of "spamd"  and perhaps others are
experiencing the same phenomena. I am not sure if it causes "spamd" to
terminate or not.

I won't be able to implement that patch  until this evening though.
I will try it then.

Thanks!

--
Jerry ✌