"net/sendemail" fails after updating Perl

Ruslan Mahmatkhanov cvs-src at yandex.ru
Sun May 22 17:21:22 UTC 2011

22.05.2011 02:30, Jerry пишет:
> On Sat, 21 May 2011 22:38:33 +0400
> Ruslan Mahmatkhanov<cvs-src at yandex.ru>  articulated:
>
>> 21.05.2011 22:30, Doug Barton пишет:
>>
>>> Check /usr/local/lib/perl5/ and /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl to
>>> see if you still have modules installed from the previous version
>>> of perl. If you do, use pkg_info -W to find what module, and
>>> reinstall it. If you use portmaster, 'portmaster p5' is usually
>>> sufficient to fix this, but sometimes things other than p5-*
>>> modules install files in that path.
>>
>> git and ImageMagick in my case, so may be they should be bumped.
>
> I have a feeling that more will be crawling out of the woodwork. In any
> case, it is a problem that needs solving.

No, it just took my mind that switching to the 5.14,
is not mandatory so bumping this ports will be
pointless to all users (and they are most of users)
who decide to stay with old perl - they just end up
with unneeded superfluous rebuilds. And those who
want to be on the edge with perl should follow
UPDATING entry (rebuild all that depends on perl)
or resolve such issues manually.
But they surely should be bumped when ports tree will
be switched to 5.14 as a main perl version.

--
Regards,
Ruslan