"net/sendemail" fails after updating Perl

Jerry jerry at seibercom.net
Sat May 21 12:36:49 UTC 2011

The port: "/net/sendemail" builds fine after the update to Perl;
however, it no longer runs. It terminates with this error message:

Subroutine IO::Socket::INET6::sockaddr_in6 redefined at /usr/local/lib/perl5/5.14.0/Exporter.pm line 67.
 at /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.14.0/IO/Socket/INET6.pm line 21

This is a FreeBSD 8.2-STABLE amd64 machine. I followed the directions
in the UPDATING file when upgrading Perl and then even did a reboot to
insure everything would start up correctly. The only errors I received
when updating Perl were regarding "graphics/graphviz" which was
previously reported and "www/web-gtk2" for which a fix is not yet
ready.

--
Jerry ✌
jerry+ports at seibercom.net