Issue with apr1 on up to date freebsd stable

eculp eculp at encontacto.net
Thu May 19 23:54:31 UTC 2011

Quoting Olli Hauer <ohauer at FreeBSD.org>:

> On 2011-05-19 19:51, eculp wrote:
>> Quoting eculp <eculp at encontacto.net>:

>>> Thanks for your reply Olli,
>>>
>>> The kernel and  all sources are updated daily everything is based
>>> on today's
>>> sources, kernel and ports that build..  Ports are a bit behind
>>> because I need
>>> apr1 to build first.
>>>
>>> # uname -a
>>> FreeBSD unixmania.com 7.4-STABLE FreeBSD 7.4-STABLE #1210: Wed May
>>> 18 05:16:34
>>> CDT 2011     root at unixmania.com:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/ENCONTACTO  i386
>>>
>>> /usr/ports/devel/apr1 # make showconfig
>>> ===> The following configuration options are available for
>>> apr-ipv6-devrandom-gdbm-db46-ldap24-1.4.4.1.3.11_1:
>>>      THREADS=on "Enable Threads in apr"
>>>      IPV6=on "Enable IPV6 Support in apr"
>>>      BDB=on "Enable Berkley BDB support in apr-util"
>>>      GDBM=on "Enable GNU dbm support in apr-util"
>>>      LDAP=on "Enable LDAP support in apr-util"
>>>      MYSQL=off "Enable MySQL suport in apr-util"
>>>      NDBM=off "Enable NDBM support in apr-util"
>>>      PGSQL=off "Enable Postgresql suport in apr-util"
>>>      SQLITE=off "Enable SQLite3 support in apr-util"
>>>      DEVRANDOM=on "Use /dev/random or compatible in apr"
>>> ===> Use 'make config' to modify these settings
>>>
>>> Ports that portmaster lists as needing upgrading follows:
>>>
>>> When I try to build apr1 with a simple "make" after cleaning all the old
>>> automake/config ports it still dies with configure.
>>>
>>> checking whether it is safe to define __EXTENSIONS__... yes
>>> checking for library containing strerror... none required
>>> checking whether system uses EBCDIC... no
>>> performing libtool configuration...
>>> ./configure: 9904: Syntax error: word unexpected (expecting ")")
>>> *** Error code 2
>>>
>>> Stop in /new/usr/local/ports/devel/apr1.
>>> *** Error code 1
>>>
>>> I hope this is enough to help someone help me.  I don't really
>>> understand the
>>> Syntas error: word unexpected (expecting ")") *** Error Code 2
>>>
>>> It exceeds my trouble shooting abalities.
>>>

>> Hoping for an error I rebuilt all may ports except apache22 and
>> apr1 because of
>> the above error with apr1.  All else built without a problem.
>>
>> if anyone has a suggestion, please let me know.  Especially about the error
>> above not getting past configure.
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> ed
>>

> Hi Ed,
>
> I suspect we will see apr-1.4.5 in short time, hopefully this will
> fix your issue.
> Anyway, I wasn't able to reconstruct this issue on 7.4-i368.
>
> Maybe you can provide from apr-1.4.3 and apr-1.4.4.
> - apr1/work/apr-1.4.4/config.log
> - work/apr-util-1.3.11/config.log

Thanks Olli.  Only work/apr-util-1.3.11/config.log was generated.
work/apr-1.4.4/config.log wasn't.  Today I read that 1.4.4 has
problems and will be updated soon.  I have no idea how important this
is but see that most of my php depends on it as does ldap, etc.  For
the time being I removed it from Apache with no ill effects.

Thanks,

ed

> Else I have to wait until the magic crystal ball is back from polishing
>
>  olli

I could sure use a good deal on a Crystal ball should you have an extra one;)