matt at conundrum.com
Wed May 18 23:02:19 UTC 2011
Based on the responses here it sounds like I've been doing nothing wrong so I played around a bit more. I guess in my testing there must've been some combination of things I didn't get right... I did a bunch more testing and eventually I made it work doing exactly what I've been doing, except for the location of the ifdef.
It turns out that in order to make this work, the .if define must appear below where bsd.port.pre.mk is included. If it occurs above that, I guess the definition of .if doesn't exist yet and so the block doesn't get run at all.
I don't recall seeing this restriction mentioned in the porters' handbook, but perhaps I missed it.
Thanks for the feedback.. sometimes just knowing it *should* work is enough to help lead one to the right bit of troubleshooting.
More information about the freebsd-ports