Issue with apr1 on up to date freebsd stable

eculp eculp at encontacto.net
Wed May 18 22:44:16 UTC 2011

Quoting Olli Hauer <ohauer at FreeBSD.org>:

> On 2011-05-18 20:57, eculp wrote:
>> Quoting eculp <eculp at encontacto.net>:
>>
>>> For a couple of days I have not been able to upgrade apr1.  It dies with
>>> libtool that I've also rebuilt.
>>>
>>> checking for minix/config.h... no
>>> checking whether it is safe to define __EXTENSIONS__... yes
>>> checking for library containing strerror... none required
>>> checking whether system uses EBCDIC... no
>>> performing libtool configuration...
>>> ./configure: 9904: Syntax error: word unexpected (expecting ")")
>>> *** Error code 2
>>>
>>> Stop in /new/usr/local/ports/devel/apr1.
>>> *** Error code 1
>>>
>>> Stop in /new/usr/local/ports/devel/apr1.
>>>
>>> uname -a
>>> FreeBSD unixmania.com 7.4-STABLE FreeBSD 7.4-STABLE #1203: Wed Apr
>>> 20 04:57:59
>>> CDT 2011     root at unixmania.com:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/ENCONTACTO  i386
>>>
>>> The system is actually up to date with a kernel compile from this
>>> morning but
>>> I haven't reset it since Apr. 20.  Ports are a few days behind
>>> because of this
>>> problem with apr1.
>>

> Hi Ed,
>
> I just build apr1 with LDAP on 7.4-i386 and  8.2-amd64.
> Please try with an updated portstree, there was a patch submitted to apr1.
>
> If this doesn't help please provide also a
> $> make showconfig
> from your apr1 directory and which openldap version is used.

Thanks for your reply Olli,

The kernel and  all sources are updated daily everything is based on
today's sources, kernel and ports that build..  Ports are a bit behind
because I need apr1 to build first.

# uname -a
FreeBSD unixmania.com 7.4-STABLE FreeBSD 7.4-STABLE #1210: Wed May 18
05:16:34 CDT 2011
root at unixmania.com:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/ENCONTACTO  i386

/usr/ports/devel/apr1 # make showconfig
===> The following configuration options are available for
apr-ipv6-devrandom-gdbm-db46-ldap24-1.4.4.1.3.11_1:
      THREADS=on "Enable Threads in apr"
      IPV6=on "Enable IPV6 Support in apr"
      BDB=on "Enable Berkley BDB support in apr-util"
      GDBM=on "Enable GNU dbm support in apr-util"
      LDAP=on "Enable LDAP support in apr-util"
      MYSQL=off "Enable MySQL suport in apr-util"
      NDBM=off "Enable NDBM support in apr-util"
      PGSQL=off "Enable Postgresql suport in apr-util"
      SQLITE=off "Enable SQLite3 support in apr-util"
      DEVRANDOM=on "Use /dev/random or compatible in apr"
===> Use 'make config' to modify these settings

Ports that portmaster lists as needing upgrading follows:

When I try to build apr1 with a simple "make" after cleaning all the
old automake/config ports it still dies with configure.

checking whether it is safe to define __EXTENSIONS__... yes
checking for library containing strerror... none required
checking whether system uses EBCDIC... no
performing libtool configuration...
./configure: 9904: Syntax error: word unexpected (expecting ")")
*** Error code 2

Stop in /new/usr/local/ports/devel/apr1.
*** Error code 1

I hope this is enough to help someone help me.  I don't really
understand the Syntas error: word unexpected (expecting ")") *** Error
Code 2

It exceeds my trouble shooting abalities.

Thanks,

ed