patch for force fetch

Diane Bruce db at db.net
Mon May 16 19:47:01 UTC 2011

On Mon, May 16, 2011 at 10:22:23PM +0300, Andriy Gapon wrote:
> on 16/05/2011 19:53 Eitan Adler said the following:
> >> I've run into this myself and simply done the manual rm -f. This looks like
> >> a great addition.
> >
> > what about make distclean  ?
>
> Can you please elaborate?
> If you mean that I could just run 'make distclean', then my answer is why should
> I.  I.e. if the ports infrastructure already knows that there is something wrong
> with a local copy of a distfile (wrong size, wrong checksum), then it should
> just do the right thing and not annoy me to run some cleanup action.

I agree. Moreover, I've been thinking about the fetch operation in
ports for a while, discussed with linimon@ once. There should be a way
to have a little more intelligence in that. e.g. if we are expecting
a binary tarball and we get back a html file, we know something has gone
wrong.

One of these years.

--
- db at FreeBSD.org db at db.net http://www.db.net/~db
  Why leave money to our children if we don't leave them the Earth?