Freebsd ports repository [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

Jason Hellenthal jhell at DataIX.net
Mon May 16 05:33:24 UTC 2011

Ali,,

On Mon, May 16, 2011 at 01:34:46PM +0930, Ali, Imran wrote:
> Greetings!
>
> I have an isolated network (not connected to the internet) with a number
> of FreeBSD machines. My problem is that I want to set up a central
> software repository that my FreeBSD machines can connect to, in order to
> to obtain additional packages. Is there a ports framework already in
> place that obtains packages from a single repository (rather than
> scouring the internet), that I can mirror?
>
> Any guidance would be appreciated

You may find this to be quite interesting. Tom has done quite the job
documenting his own experience setting this type of thing up. And he
might even pipe in with his own comments specifically about that.

http://tomjudge.com/index.php/FreeBSD/Role_Based_Package_Management

Good luck.

--

 Regards, (jhell)