Updating multiple ports with portmaster

Doug Barton dougb at FreeBSD.org
Sun Mar 27 16:57:52 UTC 2011

On 03/27/2011 03:07, J. Hellenthal wrote:
> Hi Doug, ...Everyone else,
>
> Since were on the (-i) subject here.
>
> Do you have any plans in the near future to implement a way for
> <end-user> to change the default questioning response from [y] to [n] ?

No, sorry. I think it would be very confusing to the average user for
the default to be different in different circumstances.

> This is speaking strictly in the sense of:
> "===>>> Update portname-X.Y,Z? y/n [y]"
>
> And with the above list of ports I think I would rather hit [Return] 50
> times than [n][Return]

portmaster is really designed with the idea of keeping all of your ports
up to date, not cherry-picking updates. If you have specific ports that
you want to keep at a certain version there are at least 2 other ways
that you can do that besides -i. I suggest that a thorough reading of
the man page may be in order. :)

hth,

Doug

			-- OK Go