[mdb-dev] databases/mbdtools + unixODBC

Dale Scott dalescott at shaw.ca
Mon Mar 21 19:17:30 UTC 2011

> GNU make is `gmake` on FreeBSD. Try to use this command instead `make`.

Thanks. autogen, configure and gmake all run without errors (although I had to install txt2man).

If you don't mind a couple more questions to make sure I'm on the right track.

1. INSTALL says acinclude.m4 must be deleted when using libtool 1.3.4+. I have libtool 2.2.6b, did not delete acinclude.m4, and did not get an error. Is this correct?

2. configure reports that option "--enable-sql" is unrecognised. Is this correct? INSTALL says the SQL engine is used by ODBC, but .../src/odbc/.libs/libmdbodbc.so.0 is compiled (and linked to from libmdbodbc.so). Is this correct? Does this mean that an SQL engine executable is no longer possible? (should I care?)

3. do I need to (or should I) copy the utility programs and odbc driver manager to their typical (as I understand them to be) locaitions in the FreeBSD tree? (e.g., /usr/local/bin, /usr/local/lib).

Thanks for your help,
Dale