[HEADS UP] Ports Infrastructure Changes

Thomas Sandford freebsduser at paradisegreen.co.uk
Sat Mar 19 14:43:13 UTC 2011

On 19/03/2011 01:49, Martin Wilke wrote:
> as the Ports Collection continue to grow, we have decided to
> do some changes to the category layout. The www category, second
> largest with over 2000 individual ports, will have three subcategories
> spinned out. On the other side, x11-servers category, with only
> 10 ports, will be folded into regular x11 category.

Whilst we are at it, is now the time to create a "voip" or "telephony"
category?

There's an increasing number of these ports
* asterisk and it's clones/derivatives/competitors
* all the support libraries, enhancements, etc for the above
* skype related items
* SIP clients

At the moment these are randomly spread over a selection of categories
including:

net/
   eg
   asterisk*