science/libctl marked as BROKEN, but does build on 8.2-STABLE amd64

Klaus T. Aehlig aehlig at linta.de
Fri Mar 11 11:26:01 UTC 2011

Hallo,

I'm looking for someone, who can give me some background information
on why science/libctl is marked as broken. According to cvs, this
was committed by erwin@ on 2011/02/25 09:30:06 saying "Mark BROKEN:
does not build". However, I found that by saying NO_IGNORE=YES it
builds and installs perfectly. Since I couldn't find the logs of
the original build failure, I made a test build in my tinderbox (for
8.2-STABLE amd64 only) and found it without problem, simply removing
the BROKEN line. I've copied the log to my server, see

http://www.linta.de/~aehlig/download/uucp/tinderboxlogs/20110311-libctl-3.1.log

Can anyone shed more light on why this port is marked BROKEN? If not,
I'd suggest to unbreak it at least for this particular architecture.

Best regards,
Klaus