KDE3?

Freddie Cash fjwcash at gmail.com
Fri Mar 4 00:11:16 UTC 2011

On Thu, Mar 3, 2011 at 3:14 PM, Martin Wilke <miwi at freebsd.org> wrote:
> "latest" when FreeBSD 9.X release comes we have to kick KDE3 because it
> looks very bad with
> clang support, unless someone sit down  for a long time and fix all build
> errrors, but i believe
> he give it also up.

For those who really want KDE3, and are feeling motivated to keeping
it around, have you (being those interested in KDE3) looked at the
Trinity project?

http://trinity-beta.pearsoncomputing.net/about.php

As the main KDE devs have dropped support for KDE 3, with KDE 3.5.10
being the final release, the Trinity folks have forked it and are
actively working on it.  As they are accepting patches and other code,
it may be "easier" to get that working with Clang/LLVM.

> just my 2$..

My $0.02 CDN, which is about $0.03 US now.  ;)

--
Freddie Cash
fjwcash at gmail.com