FreeBSD Port: ap13-mod_ruby-1.3.0_1

Ron Aitchison ron at zytrax.com
Thu Jun 30 19:02:02 UTC 2011

I had a problem installing ruby for apache 1.3.42 on FBSD 8.1 RELEASE on
an AMD64 processor. It failed in "make install" due to a failure to find
regmatch_t definition (at lines 1071 and 1075 in httpd.h) using
oniguruma.h from /usr/local/lib/ruby/1.8/amd64-freebsd8/oniguruma.h
which supplies regex_t but not regmatch_t.
I fixed my problem by simply copying the regmatch_t definition from a
handy pcreposix.h file into the oniguruma.h file which I'm sure is not
the "right" solution.
I'm happy to supply any further info you require or to raise a bug
report if you would prefer.
Regards and thanks for your great work.

--
Ron Aitchison                      www.zytrax.com