Status of ${HAVE_GNOME:xxx} and dependencies

Jeremy Messenger mezz.freebsd at gmail.com
Wed Jun 29 16:46:59 UTC 2011

On Wed, Jun 29, 2011 at 3:23 AM, David Demelier
<demelier.david at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 27/06/2011 13:42, David Demelier wrote:
>>
>> Hello there,
>>
>> There is something I don't understand well. I installed eclipse a long
>> time ago because I needed it for a java project. As you may know eclipse
>> use a lot of gnome dependencies and I usually install ports that don't
>> require them.
>>
>> Now I deinstalled eclipse, and I realized that these libs such as
>> gconf2, libgnome, libgnomeui are needed by a lot of application that had
>> never required them before ! see :
>>
>> Information for gconf2-2.32.0_2:
>>
>> Required by:
>> gnome-vfs-2.24.4
>> libcanberra-0.26
>> libgnome-2.32.0
>> libbonoboui-2.24.4
>> libgnome-keyring-2.32.0
>> libsoup-gnome-2.32.2
>> gnome-keyring-2.32.1
>> policykit-gnome-0.9.2_5
>> gnome-mount-0.8_7
>> gvfs-1.6.6_1
>> libgnomeui-2.24.4
>> firefox-4.0.1,1
>> gimp-app-2.6.11_2,1
>> gimp-2.6.11,2
>> thunderbird-3.1.10
>> inkscape-0.48.1_1
>> wxgtk2-common-2.8.12
>> wxgtk2-unicode-2.8.12
>> audacity-devel-1.3.13_1
>> libpurple-2.8.0
>> pidgin-2.8.0
>> pidgin-pidgimpd-1.1.1_5
>>
>> I can see for example in the graphics/gimp-app/Makefile :
>>
>> .if defined(WITH_GVFS) || ${HAVE_GNOME:Mgvfs}!=""
>> LIB_DEPENDS+= gnome-keyring.0:${PORTSDIR}/security/gnome-keyring
>> USE_GNOME+= gvfs
>> . if ${HAVE_GNOME:Mlibgnomeui}!=""
>> USE_GNOME+= libgnomeui
>> . endif
>> .endif
>>
>> Then, if I disable the option WITH_GVFS (which is already done) but I
>> have gnome-vfs installed it will pull the gnome-vfs dependency when I'll
>> rebuild the port? I think this is what happened. I have probably rebuild
>> this port and that's why it requires the new dependency.
>>
>> The user hasn't the power on this option if the gnome-vfs is installed
>> then?
>>
>> Cheers.
>>

> Ignore, I've just seen there is WITHOUT_GNOME that is checked before

With the ${HAVE_GNOME:xxx}, you can either do WITHOUT_GNOME=yes or
WITHOUT_GNOME=xxx.

> HAVE_GNOME and it was not used by portconf now everything is fixed.

Umm... Probably not a real fixed, because your gimp might be still
linked with gvfs. Because there was no --without-gvfs. It's clearly
that it's bug. I have fixed it. It doesn't has ${HAVE_GNOME:gvfs}
anymore as it's pointless when it's enable by default. All you have to
do is WITHOUT_GVFS and it will depends on libcurl instead if you
prefer.

Cheers,
Mezz

--