php5-5.3.6_1 with Segmentation fault (amd64)

Olli Hauer ohauer at FreeBSD.org
Tue Jun 28 18:29:06 UTC 2011

On 2011-06-28 20:10, Florian Smeets wrote:
> On 28.06.11 19:49, Olli Hauer wrote:
>> On 2011-06-28 18:53, Luiz Gustavo S. Costa wrote:
>>> Hey list !
>>>
>>> exist some trouble with php and amd64 ? (last php from ports)
>>>

>>> [root at gringo] ~# pkg_info | grep php5-5
>>> php5-5.3.6_1        PHP Scripting Language
>>> [root at gringo] ~# php -v
>>> Segmentation fault
>>> [root at gringo] ~# php-fpm -h
>>> Segmentation fault
>>> [root at gringo] ~# which php-fpm
>>> /usr/local/sbin/php-fpm
>>> [root at gringo] ~# file /usr/local/sbin/php-fpm
>>> /usr/local/sbin/php-fpm: ELF 64-bit LSB executable, x86-64, version 1
>>> (FreeBSD), dynamically linked (uses shared libs), for FreeBSD 8.2, not
>>> stripped
>>> [root at gringo] ~# uname -a
>>> FreeBSD gringo.mundounix.com.br 8.2-RELEASE FreeBSD 8.2-RELEASE #0:
>>> Thu Feb 17 02:41:51 UTC 2011
>>> root at mason.cse.buffalo.edu:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/GENERIC  amd64
>>>

>> Please try this script
>> http://people.freebsd.org/~ohauer/scripts/fixphpextorder.sh
>>

> Does anybody know any details about why it starts dumping cores when the order
> is wrong? I've been running into this for years, first with apache and mod_php
> later with php-fpm.

No not really, during my research I found notes about this issue for all platforms
(BSD/Linux/Solaris ...)

I guess in his case it's even a third party module, but we don't know since the
php.ini was not provided. Maybe he can follow the last instruction in the script
and fire up gdb.

I suggest he tries what Attos suggest (without sqlite) or by starting with an empty
php.ini and add module by module manually.