portlint(1) knobs order: let's make things more logical

Alexey Dokuchaev danfe at FreeBSD.org
Thu Jun 23 08:33:51 UTC 2011

On Thu, Jun 23, 2011 at 11:41:17AM +0400, Ilya A. Arkhipov wrote:
> Hi danfe@ marcus@
>
> if I've got it right for group we need have specific order
>
> +	&checkorder('LICENSE', $tmp, $file, qw(
> +LICENSE LICENSE_COMB LICENSE_PERMS LICENSE_GROUPS
> +LICENSE_NAME LICENSE_FILE LICENSE_TEXT+	));
> what you say if we do that?

This is excerpt from x11/nvidia-driver Makefile, which I think uses natural
order of LICENSE knobs:

LICENSE=        NVIDIA
LICENSE_NAME=   License For Customer Use of NVIDIA Software
LICENSE_FILE=   ${WRKSRC}/doc/license.txt
LICENSE_PERMS=  dist-mirror no-dist-sell pkg-mirror no-pkg-sell auto-accept

I would probably suggest this order:

  LICENSE
  LICENSE_COMB
  LICENSE_GROUPS