shells/ksh93 install fail

jhell jhell at DataIX.net
Thu Jun 23 01:16:58 UTC 2011

On Wed, Jun 22, 2011 at 02:01:28PM -0700, Doug Barton wrote:
> On 6/22/2011 1:28 PM, Sunpoet Po-Chuan Hsieh wrote:

> >> Thanks. At least one person on IRC said that it worked for them with
> >> or without $WRKDIRPREFIX, so that's probably not it. What's odd is
> >> that these package building systems have been working fine for
> >> hundreds of ports for quite a while now, so I'm stumped.
> >
> > Hi Doug,
> >
> > I have WRKDIRPREFIX=/usr/ports/works in /etc/make.conf. I'm running a
> > 8-STABLE amd64. Do you need me to generate a build log for you to
> > further investigate this problem?
> >
> > BTW, did you run 'find' to search for ksh? The binary must be somewhere
> > in the WRKSRC. It might be helpful to know the path of ksh.
>
> It didn't exist at all. However I think I found the problem. If I remove
> the STATIC option everything goes as planned. Perhaps that gives you a
> new area to examine?

Hey Doug,

Can you give this a shot in (usr/ports/shells/ksh93/Makefile)

Change this:
.if defined(WITH_STATIC)
MAKE_ENV+=      LDFLAGS=-static
.endif

To:
.if defined(WITH_STATIC)
MAKE_ENV+=      LDFLAGS+=-static
.endif

I am getting the distinct feeling here that the ksh binary is not being
linked correctly because the override of LDFLAGS causing only -static to
be used. You should be able to verify this somewhere either in the
output from the build whether the linkage had failed or by verifying
that the binary exists in your object tree.