[ANNOUNCE]: clang compiling ports

Stephen Montgomery-Smith stephen at missouri.edu
Mon Jun 20 17:08:09 UTC 2011

On 06/20/2011 11:22 AM, Niclas Zeising wrote:
> On 2011-06-20 17:37, Roman Divacky wrote:
>> Hi!
>>

>> Flz@ just run an exp-build with CC=clang and CXX=clang++. The results can be
>> seen here:
>>

>>          http://pointyhat.freebsd.org/errorlogs/amd64-9-exp-latest/
>>

>> A lot of these failures are trivial to fix (ie. not respecting CC setting, etc.)
>> and prevent a lot of other ports from building.
>>
>> It would be great if you could skim over the list to see if some of the ports
>> you maintain are broken and possibly try to fix them. A small introduction into
>> the Clang+Ports can be read at: http://wiki.freebsd.org/PortsAndClang.
>>
>> Please focus on the biggest offenders (ie. ports that prevent the most other
>> ports from building).
>>
>> Thank you for helping us!
>>
>> Roman Divacky
>
> Would it be helpful to add a wiki page where people can annotate failed
> ports etc.? Much like what was done for the update to gmake...
> Regards

What I would like is a primer on how to suppress all the warnings and
errors created by K&R code.

Also, why is this an error:
error: non-void function 'top_button_cross' should return a value
[-Wreturn-type]
when most everything else is a warning.  (See
http://pointyhat.freebsd.org/errorlogs/amd64-errorlogs/e.9-exp.20110616185105/xppaut-5.99.log.)