2nd deprecation campaign

b. f. bf1783 at googlemail.com
Thu Jun 16 20:14:45 UTC 2011

bapt wrote:
>I am in the middle of a new deprecation campaign, to remove ports
>where no more distfiles are publicly available (no other OS mirrors
>doesn't count except if they are the upstream of course).
>
>Maybe some will be false positive (I will try to not have too much of them).

Could you please explain how you are checking this?  Just looking at
some of the recent deprecations, graphics/peps, graphics/vcg, and
graphics/xfig are still available.  On earlier ones,
graphics/libconvolve exists in the jack_convolve section of the heaven
sourceforge project:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/heaven/files/Audio%20Applications/Jack%20Related/jack_convolve/

security/libident is available via one of the main vlc developers at:

http://www.remlab.net/files/libident/

comms/gsmlib is maintained by Debian:

http://packages.qa.debian.org/g/gsmlib.html

science/bblimage has been renamed to pyvox and is available at:

http://www.med.upenn.edu/bbl/downloads/pyvox/

That's eight false positives out of eleven  deprecations that I
selected by inspection, and I didn't spend more than two minutes
checking any of them.

I will fix the above.

b.