FreeBSD Port: postgresql-server-8.4.8_1

Palle Girgensohn girgen at freebsd.org
Tue Jun 14 07:59:55 UTC 2011

14 jun 2011 kl. 06.34 skrev John Bleichert:

> On Jun 13, 2011, at 4:31 PM, Christer Solskogen wrote:
>
>> On Mon, Jun 13, 2011 at 8:07 PM, John Bleichert <syborg at earthlink.net> wrote:
>>
>>> Suggestions? Shall I hit the postgresql forums? I thought I'd ask here
>>> first.
>>>

>> This is in a jail, right?
>> Try adding this to /etc/sysctl.conf:
>> security.jail.sysvipc_allowed=1
>>
>> And/or run "sysctl security.jail.sysvipc_allowed=1 as root on the host.
>>
>> --
>> chs,
>

> Thanks for getting back to me.
>
> No, it's not in a jail. I think there may be something missing in my kernel config - I'm going to try it with the generic FreeBSD 8.2 kernel when I get back to the terminal on Wednesday. For what it's worth I built Postgres 8.4 from source manually and got exactly the same result.

OK, then forget first question in previous mail, sorry for not readin the entire thread.

Could you perhaps have removed SYSV support in the kernel?

$ grep SYS /usr/src/sys/amd64/conf/GENERIC
options 	SYSVSHM			# SYSV-style shared memory
options 	SYSVMSG			# SYSV-style message queues
options 	SYSVSEM			# SYSV-style semaphores

Palle