Time to mark portupgrade deprecated?

Chuck Swiger cswiger at mac.com
Sat Jul 30 15:58:02 UTC 2011

On Jul 30, 2011, at 4:03 AM, Michel Talon wrote:
[ ... ]
> The real problems are in the ports system itself.

You've said this before.  Come to think of it, you've said this so often that I've lost count of the number of times you've repeated the point.  However, flogging the same dead horse over and over does not constitute forward progress.

Speaking of which, if you'd spent some of this time filing bug reports instead, then it's very likely that at least some of the issues you claim to keep running into would be fixed by now.  However, as far as I can tell from a quick search, you've never filed even one FreeBSD PR?

Methinks 'tis time to change your approach: "The clock upbraids me with the waste of time."

Regards,
--
-Chuck