taking maintainership

Matthew Seaman m.seaman at infracaninophile.co.uk
Thu Jul 28 13:44:57 UTC 2011

On 28/07/2011 13:21, Aryeh Friedman wrote:
> If all I am doing is taking maintainership of devel/aegis and the list of
> ports that need maintainers says it should the newest version 4.24.3  and
> the make file has 4.24 in it and the second is the correct version number
> and the one in the listing is wrong do I just send in the new makefile that
> has me as the maintainer and nothing else?

It's traditional to send in a PR both setting the MAINTAINER to your own
e-mail address and fixing whatever needs fixing.  On the other hand,
simply volunteering to maintain a previously unmaintained port via a
message on this or various other lists has been deemed sufficient in
many cases.

If portscout is picking up apparently more advanced versions which
aren't actually suitable to use, then you can set the PORTSCOUT variable
in the Makefile to help it out.  Something like:

PORTSCOUT=	skipv:4.24.3

(depends on what else is available in the download area)  There are also
'limit' 'limitw' and 'ignore' plus a few other verbs.  Docco is
available by installing ports-mgmt/portscout

	Cheers,

	Matthew

                                                  Flat 3