ports/144597: security/openssh-portable fails to compile with KERBEROS enabled

Stephen Montgomery-Smith stephen at missouri.edu
Thu Jul 14 04:39:02 UTC 2011

Hey people,

I was looking over old unresolved PR's.  I came across this one:

http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=ports/144597

When I sent a message to the submitter of the PR, the email bounced back
suggesting that the submitter no longer uses that email address.

I don't think it would be too hard to make the port build under the
circumstances he describes.  But is ANYONE interested?  Would it be
worth investing effort to make this work?

Note that the port has ports@ as its maintainer, so it doesn't look like
there is a lot of interest.

Thanks, Stephen

P.S. This one is related:
http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=ports/57498

Is this a big bag of worms?

I can see that seems to be fixed, for example, in mail/fetchmail.