FreeBSD Port: cdrtools-3.00_1---Japanese cat man corrupt

Marius Strobl marius at alchemy.franken.de
Fri Jul 8 08:39:38 UTC 2011

On Fri, Jul 08, 2011 at 01:38:21AM +0900, Hiroshi Saeki wrote:
> Hi, I appreciate The FreeBSD Project.
> When I am using sysutils/cdrtools
> cdrtools-rscsi-3.00_1
> I found japanese cat man corrupt.
> cat1 is corrupt, man1 seem to be O.K.
> But, in gnome-terminal, I can't read
> man in Japanese.
> Now I read man in English.
> Please fix.

Sorry, I've no idea what it takes to correctly render and display cat
pages in a Japanese environment or even how to test that, so if you
can't provide a patch for that I'm at a loss here. However, if the man
page renders and displays correct but the cat page doesn't this sounds
more like a bug in the tools used for that rather than in the man page
itself. I hope one of the Japanese committers can help you figuring out
what's wrong.

Marius