enigmail 1.2

Matthias Andree matthias.andree at gmx.de
Mon Jul 4 22:02:58 UTC 2011

Am 04.07.2011 19:42, schrieb Dominic Fandrey:
> Hello,
>
> I got enigmail 1.2 to build by changing the gecko extract dependency
> target from configure to build.
>
> It installs and runs, but it always claims the gpg agent cannot
> be found. Even when I configure it manually.
>
> I'm out of ideas. Any suggestions?

Asking the obvious: do you have ${LOCALBASE}/bin/gpg-agent (from
security/gnupg)?

How more specific:
- Does the genxpi script (top-level directory in the enigmail tarball)
  get run?  It generates a few wrapper shell scripts.  Do you install
  these?  Do you have the gpg-agent installed?

- Enable debug mode and see what the enigmail.js logs?
http://enigmail.mozdev.org/support/bugs.php.html#execTrace

- Further reading on gpg-agent:
http://www.mozilla-enigmail.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=249