Opinions sought on location of bsd.octave.mk

Stephen Montgomery-Smith stephen at missouri.edu
Sun Jul 3 18:56:37 UTC 2011

I am the maintainer of the octave-forge ports.  These all use a file
called bsd.octave.mk.

Currently this is located in Mk.  But I have noticed that many ports
have their bsd.*.mk files in one of their ports.  For example,
bsd.mesalib.mk is in graphics/libGL.

What is accepted opinion on this?  Should I move bsd.octave.mk to
math/octave-forge-base?  I am also thinking of renaming it
bsd.octave-forge.mk,

If you think it should be moved, please tell me how strong your view is.
  I am told that it requires quite a bit of effort to perform this
change, because CVS has to track all these changes.

Thanks, Stephen