Any software tools known for XBRL & PDF V1.6 & 1.7 ?

Julian H. Stacey jhs at berklix.com
Sat Jul 2 00:23:21 UTC 2011

Anyone know of public domain source that does XBRL format (&/or iXBRL) ?
& PDF V1.6 & 1.7 ?
What XBRL is:
    A newish format the British government now demand for all
    corporate annual financial returns (eg British CT600)
    Already supported by numerous commercial software vendors, see:
    	http://ewf.companieshouse.gov.uk/xbrl
    	http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/efiling/ctsoft_dev.htm
    XBRL (eXtensible Business Reporting Language) is XML based.  iXBRL is
    in line XBRL, a standard for tagging XBRL within an HTML document.
    Presumably coming in to much wider international use ?

I received PDF 1.6 & 1.7 files from companieshouse.gov.uk (that I
suppose relate to, or contain XBRL), that contain financial data
I'm supposed to edit & return.

The only tool I know to do that is, a free download of latest binary
Acrobat for Linux or MS-Windows, (so emulator needed too).

I've found no source in FreeBSD ports that can handle 1.6 & 7 PDFs,
Anyone know of source, whether ported to FreeBSD yet or not ?

Tools I've built & tried (generaly 8.2 release ports/ & src/ )
 editors/abiword	# fails on PDF V1.6
 editors/koffice-kde3	# koshell fails on PDF V1.6
 editors/koffice-kde3 	# kword fails on PDF V1.6 says: xpdf supports version 1.4
 editors/pdfedit	# PDF V1.6 & 7 Unknown compression method inflate stream
 graphics/epdfview	# PDF V1.6 & 7 starts 1st page
 graphics/mupdf		# PDF V1.6 & 7 starts wait page
 graphics/xpdf		# fails on PDF V1.6 & 1.7 Unknown filter 'Crypt'
 print/acroread9	# PDF V1.6 & 7 gets a bit further then crashes
 print/ghostview	# PDF V1.6 & 1.7 shows start
 print/gv		# fails on PDF V1.6 & 1.7
 print/kpdftool 	# Fails on PDF V1.6 & 7
 print/pdfmod		# PDF V1.6 & 7 fails
 print/pdftk		# PDF V1.6 & 7 not tried, as CLI

 Cheers,
 Julian
 --
 Julian Stacey, BSD Unix Linux C Sys Eng Consultants Munich http://berklix.com
  Reply below, not above;  Indent with "> ";  Cumulative like a play script.