bump of PORTREVISION mandatory?

Jason Helfman jhelfman at e-e.com
Thu Jan 27 17:44:24 UTC 2011

On Thu, Jan 27, 2011 at 05:30:45PM +0000, Helmut Schneider thus spake:
>Hi,
>
>with the release of Typo3 4.5, 4.4 becomes "old stable", 4.3 becomes
>"deprecated". Therefore a change at pkg_descr is required. That is the
>only change.
>
>Do I need to bump PORTREVISION before I submit the updated port? Is
>that mandatory?
>
>I don't like the idea that someone is asked to update his/her installed
>package only because of a changed pkg_descr.
>
>Thanks, Helmut

If 4.3 is deprecated, shouldn't it be removed from the tree? (ie.
MOVED/UPDATING)

Why would you need to update the portrevision for a pkg-descr change? If it
isn't changing the behavior of the port, I don't see why that is necessary,
but others may have different ideas on this topic.

-jgh