xfce 4.8pre3 preview

Olivier Duchateau duchateau.olivier at gmail.com
Wed Jan 26 21:58:38 UTC 2011

Hi,

On my side, I'm running Xfce 4.8. I've tested Oliver's archive
(4.8pre3), and I've noticed, that orage doesn't compile,
xfce4-screenshooter-plugin "coredump" (even with 4.6.x).

In Thunar and xfce4-tumbler in LIB_DEPENDS gdk_pixbuf-2.0.0 should be
replaced by gdkpixbuf2 in USE_GNOME.

There is a new version of thunar-archive-plugin [1]. I've got errors
during generation of Makefiles, however dependancies are good. If
someone can fix it.

I don't know, if in this archive, thunar-media-tags-plugin works, but
I've patches, and it works great.

[1] http://foo-projects.org/pipermail/xfce/2011-January/028203.html

2011/1/26 Martin Wilke <miwi at freebsd.org>:

> Hello,
>
> Just got the ok from Oliver to release the 4.8 Release patchset to public,
>
> http://people.freebsd.org/~miwi/xfce4.8-rl.tgz
>
> Enjoy
>
> Feedback of course Welcome.
>

> On Thu, Jan 13, 2011 at 4:52 PM, Oliver Lehmann <lehmann at ans-netz.de> wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> with the help of miwi's and Olivier's work plus some changes from my
>> side a tarball containing the xfce 4.8pre3 ports has been made:
>>
>> http://people.freebsd.org/~oliver/xfce/xfce-4.8pre3_ports.tar.gz
>>
>> If you unpack it in /usr/ports, make sure you delete the following
>> orphaned patch files afterwards:
>>  x11/libexo/files/patch-Makefile.in
>>  x11/libexo/files/patch-exo-mount-point.c
>>  x11-wm/xfce4-panel/files/patch-plugins-launcher-launcher-exec.c
>>
>> The following ports are broken right now by the xfce upgrade and some of
>> them will probably be marked as BROKEN or even IGNORE (thunar-volman for
>> example) when 4.8 comes out:
>>
>> archivers/thunar-archive-plugin
>> audio/thunar-media-tags-plugin
>> deskutils/orage