Share SVN or something for people working on the ports together

Subbsd subbsd at gmail.com
Sat Jan 22 17:05:04 UTC 2011

Hello.

I think - maybe it's a good idea to create something like sourceforge place
but only for FreeBSD ports. A place online where some people can work
together for port, not individually as it is now. For example, I decided to
port libXXX on FreeBSD. One of the problem - i do not know -does over this
someone. So I created a project and start some work. No matter - can I
finish it or not - has registered and begun work. Other people see - cool,
someone has already started work on it. Once registered, they can also
correct or add to my work. This is to prevent a situation where a dozen
independent people start trying to port libXXX and everyone stumbles on its
own problems. Not all of us are professionals and have the same knowledge,
but work together more efficient.