TINKER vers update ?

Torfinn Ingolfsen tingox at gmail.com
Fri Jan 21 12:52:15 UTC 2011

Hello,

I do not use TINKER, so I can't help you with any questions about that.

On Fri, Jan 21, 2011 at 12:24 PM, Joseph Maxwell <jaymax36 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> The current TINKER version in the ports at "/usr/ports/biology/tinker" is
> "tinker-4.2.20040908_5". The current released version is "TINKER 5.1.09"
> could you say when the ports src would be updated to the current vers?

Any port which have ports at ... as the maintainer email address is
unmaintained, or "community maintained". Users of such ports are
encouraged to consider if one of them could take over maintainership.
Otherwise, if you can gather interest from a few people, there is
always the possibility of doing a small work project on the port to
get it upgraded to the current version. Of course, after that has
happened, the port is still unmaintained, and will slowly get out of
date over time again.

I hope this clears up things a little.
--
Regards,