www/chromium MAINTAINER, was Re: chromium producing constant hdd access

Chad Perrin perrin at apotheon.com
Tue Jan 18 21:41:10 UTC 2011

On Tue, Jan 18, 2011 at 02:54:23PM +0100, Julian H. Stacey wrote:

> A MAINTAINER who does not maintain is not a maintainer.
> Makefile broke in the last month
> MAINTAINER rene@ should add a BUILD_DEPENDS or whatever,
> else resign & let someone else eg You Thomas become MAINTAINER

It has come to my attention that the maintainer for the Chromium port has
changed in recent months.  My comment that (inadvertently) touched off
this little firestorm in a teacup referred to the *previous* maintainer's
business model.  In any case, a change in maintainer for a project as big
as the Chromium port is sure to involve some upheaval, and I am willing
to be patient a little while longer.  The new maintainer will surely get
us on at least the current major version number, whereas with the
previous we ended up lagging behind by about two major version numbers,
at least once he gets things sorted out.

Someone mentioned the mailing list for the freebsd-chromium support
group.  I'm inclined to check it out.