www/chromium MAINTAINER, was Re: chromium producing constant hdd access

Julian H. Stacey jhs at berklix.com
Tue Jan 18 12:14:13 UTC 2011

Hi,
Reference:

Mark Linimon wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 17, 2011 at 08:12:40PM +0100, Julian H. Stacey wrote:
> > rene@ has ignored request to roll back.  If rene@ resigns,
> > MAINTAINER would revert to ports at freebsd.org so others could fix
> > FreeBSD's current ports/www/chromium
>
> Because of the legal questions surrounding chromium,

I know nothing of that. Just that a month ago it compiled, now it won't.

> portmgr will ensure
> that it does not revert to ports@ :-)
> mcl

So how about:
	Revert to something that will compile, with no MAINTAINER.
	Or delete port ?
		A port that
			- wont build,
			- the maintainer won't fix,
			- has security issues,
			- is legaly problematic
			- ports@ is scared of inheriting
			- that we can't fix by adding a _DEPENDS etc
		seems a waste of time & name space,

Cheers,
Julian
--
Julian Stacey, BSD Unix Linux C Sys Eng Consultants Munich http://berklix.com
	Mail plain text;  Not quoted-printable, or HTML or base 64.