Attention ports committers

Eygene Ryabinkin rea at freebsd.org
Sat Jan 15 13:52:05 UTC 2011

Sat, Jan 15, 2011 at 02:05:40AM -0800, perryh at pluto.rain.com wrote:
> Eygene Ryabinkin <rea at freebsd.org> wrote:
>
> > And please, please, please, try to put your shar(1) archive
> > somewhere to the Web and add the link to the PR: mail over
> > gnats if not uuencoded properly makes attachments with partial
> > quoted-printable stuff left ...
>
> Sounds as if Sec. 3.6 of the Porter's Handbook needs a revision

Sorry, I should have been more precise: the shar(1) archive from the
original submission is just fine, because it was sent by the send-pr.

But the shar(1) archives from the followups resulted from the fixes of
the port content were sent by the ordinary mailer as attachments and
were attachments were encoded as quoted-printable.  query-pr.cgi
currently is not good at handling them and giving away unencoded content
in all cases.  I have plans to improve query-pr.cgi, but not instantly.
--
Eygene Ryabinkin                                        ,,,^..^,,,
[ Life's unfair - but root password helps!           | codelabs.ru ]