Port admission request

Matthias Andree mandree at FreeBSD.org
Thu Jan 13 19:10:55 UTC 2011

Am 13.01.2011 13:14, schrieb Eugen-Andrei Gavriloaie:
> Hello,
>
> Much happened with the project in the past year. It evolved, got much robust, added much more features.
> IMO is ready for prime-time. So, if isn't too much to ask, I would like to know more about the packaging system and how can I provide necessary stuff for it to work. Unfortunately, despite the fact that I mainly support FreeBSD platform for my project, I have absolutely no clue about the packaging systems internals (shame on me on this one!!!)
>
> So, if anybody can help me with at east an easy to follow tutorial, it would be awesome.

Hi Eugen-Andrei,

some kind souls have already written such an official tutorial, look here:

<http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en/books/porters-handbook/>

But keep in mind the licensing and redistribution requirements, as Dmitry
pointed out one and a half years ago (you quoted that in the original mail, I've
removed it to cut down the redundancy).

If there are further questions, feel free to ask on the lists.

HTH.

Best regards
Matthias