FreeBSD ports which are currently marked forbidden

Olli Hauer ohauer at FreeBSD.org
Fri Jan 7 15:14:58 UTC 2011

On 2011-01-07 08:29, linimon at FreeBSD.org wrote:
> As part of an ongoing effort to reduce the number of problems in the
> FreeBSD ports system, we periodically notify users about
> ports that are marked as "forbidden" in their Makefiles.  Often,
> these ports are so marked due to security concerns, such as known
> exploits.
>
> An overview of each port, including errors seen on the build farm,
> is included below.
>
> portname:           databases/gnats
> forbidden because:  Security issues
> build errors:       none.
> overview:           http://portsmon.FreeBSD.org/portoverview.py?category=databases&portname=gnats

I wonder about the old gants port.
Do we use parts of this port somewhere (OS/freefall...)?

The port is now marked since nearly 7 years as forbidden/broken, was scheduled
to expire (2004-08-20) which was removed 5 years ago with the following comment.
 - Remove expiration date, this port is not going away yet