FreeBSD ports which are currently marked broken

Anton Shterenlikht mexas at bristol.ac.uk
Fri Jan 7 11:54:07 UTC 2011

On Fri, Jan 07, 2011 at 08:29:10AM +0100, linimon at freebsd.org wrote:

> portname:           math/dislin
> broken because:     size mismatch
> build errors:       none.
> overview:           http://portsmon.FreeBSD.org/portoverview.py?category=math&portname=dislin

Is this a security concern?
I've never used this port before, but it looks intersting.

By doing

rm distinfo*
make makesum

I can install this port. Is this not a good idea?

However, it seems the binaries provided (to get the sources
one has to buy a licence) are only for i386:

from ftp://ftp.gwdg.de/pub/grafik/dislin/unix/README.UNX

  |       File                   Computer/Oper.-System        Compiler     |
  | dislin-10.0.fbsd.tar.gz       IBM-PC / FreeBSD 8.x     gcc, f2c, f77,  |
  |                                                          Perl, Python  |
  | dislin-10.0.fbsd-5.4.tar.gz   IBM-PC / FreeBSD 5.x     gcc, f2c, f77,  |
  |                                                          Perl, Python  |
  | dislin-10.0.fbsd-6.0.tar.gz   IBM-PC / FreeBSD 6.x      gcc, f2c, f77, |
  |                                                          Perl, Python  |
  | dislin-10.0.fbsd-7.0.tar.gz   IBM-PC / FreeBSD 7.x      gcc, f2c, f77, |
  |                                                          Perl, Python  |

Should there be an ONLY_FOR_ARCHS defined for this port then?

--
Anton Shterenlikht
Room 2.6, Queen's Building