Xfce 4.8pre3

Bernhard Froehlich decke at FreeBSD.org
Tue Jan 4 22:20:43 UTC 2011

 On Mon, 3 Jan 2011 22:49:32 +0100, Olivier Duchateau wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I don't know, if anyone follows development of Xfce 4.8, the next
> stable version comes out soon, scheduled on January 16th, 2011. There
> are still  « things », that do not work well or are broken, in
> particular Thunar (thunar-volman is broken due to lack of udisks and
> gudev), and trash applet panel.

 I know that also miwi has done some work for xfce 4.8. He gave me his
 working directory for 4.8pre2 about 2 weeks ago. Probably that helps but
 don't ask me about the status or details of it.

 http://home.bluelife.at/patches/xfce48.tgz

 Wouldn't it be a good to talk to oliver@ first before duplicating all
 the work? How about creating a repository for Xfce ports like the ones
 that already exist for GNOME, KDE, Xorg, VirtualBox, Gecko, ... ?

--
 Bernhard Froehlich
 http://www.bluelife.at/