Apache22 not starting with SSL from ports

David Southwell david at vizion2000.net
Sun Jan 2 15:32:15 UTC 2011

Hi

Yesterday I started a thread entitled: "Apache22 not starting - is this a SSL
from ports bug?".

Since then I have deinstalled ssl from ports, rebuilt apache and all relevant
ports The server now starts with no other changes and uses the same httpd.conf
file.

As a result I am now convinced that the problem does lie with recent upgrades
not working when openssl is built from ports even though make.conf has the
line:
WITH_OPENSSL_FROM_PORTS=yes

david

Photographic Artist
Permanent Installations & Design
Creative Imagery and Advanced Digital Techniques
High Dynamic Range Photography & Official Portraiture
Combined darkroom & digital creations
& Systems Adminstrator for the vizion2000.net network