ports-mgmt/portconf , ports-mgmt/portmaster and make args

b. f. bf1783 at googlemail.com
Sat Jan 1 02:40:46 UTC 2011

> On 12> On 12/31/2010 01:10, marco wrote:
> > Here is what i'd like to achieve:
> >
> > use portmaster with the -P option (using PM_PACKAGES=first in
> > /usr/local/etc/portmaster.rc) to have a package installed if
> > available,_but_  when a port matches a port I've defined in
> > /usr/local/etc/ports.conf to use certain make args then_don't_
> > install the package but actually build the port.
> >
> > Is that achievable using the portmaster and portconf ports?
>
> In a word, no, which makes using the option in portmaster.rc less
> desirable of course.
>
> If someone can come up with a programmatic way of determining if such
> settings exist in ports.conf I'd be willing to consider adding the
> support, but given the wide variety of syntax that is supported I think
> such a thing would be difficult.
> /31/2010 01:10, marco wrote:
> > Here is what i'd like to achieve:
> >
> > use portmaster with the -P option (using PM_PACKAGES=first in
> > /usr/local/etc/portmaster.rc) to have a package installed if
> > available,_but_  when a port matches a port I've defined in
> > /usr/local/etc/ports.conf to use certain make args then_don't_
> > install the package but actually build the port.
> >
> > Is that achievable using the portmaster and portconf ports?
>
> In a word, no, which makes using the option in portmaster.rc less
> desirable of course.
>
> If someone can come up with a programmatic way of determining if such
> settings exist in ports.conf I'd be willing to consider adding the
> support, but given the wide variety of syntax that is supported I think
> such a thing would be difficult.

You don't need to go to those lengths.  You could just add a
command-line switch, or a check for a cookie (.buildme or .nopkg, say)
in the corresponding PORT_DBDIR  subdirector(y|ies), or both, to allow
the user to indicate to portmaster that it should always build the
port(s) in question, even if -P is used.

b.